Friday, October 30, 2009

My First (ever) Operation

that too in Dubai, UAE.
This is late as my cast was only taken out 2 days back! Good Gracious!

1. Oct 22, my Ganglion Cyst Operation. I went alone , admitted at 1130 am, listened to some music, was forced to take sleeping tabs, woke up in the operation room (probably after an hour of sleep) , felt the sharp 3-needles for Anesthesia & Dextrose; felt the so-painful Bier Block process, smell and seen my right arm bathe in Betamethasone (?), felt the cut on my wrist, fell off to sleep, woke up 5 hours after with a cast.
2. Im so hungry, (cant blame me - 10 hours of fasting!) i finished d 2 huge chicken sandwiches the nurse ordered for me in 2 minutes ,, with apple juice & water.NO Exaggeration!That too with 1 hand.
3. Not allowed to go home unless someone assists me. I called Russ to take me home. (no man is an island, but this operation will not kill me; I think the Hospital is over acting)
4. One full week of medication (pain reliever 3x a week). Y? bec it pains a lotttttttttttttttt.
5. Right arm is completely paralised. But realised I have a super power LEFT. (takes bath for 2 hours using 1 hand.imagine.)
6. Went to work after the weekend. For comfortability's sake- I wore dresses for the full week. You can imagine the stares! ,in the bus ride and the endless questions " accident?; "no Sick Leave?"; "boxing?
My desk was arranged for LEFT-hand use. The mouse pad, the phone, the files..
My boss told me, "Pam u dont seem sick to me, u still send 100 emails per day like nothing happened".. toink~
7. Oct 28. My last visit to my surgeon.Cast was taken off, i saw the fresh stitches, the blue-black totally swelling hand...
My life is pretty back to normal now. My thank yous to:
1. The Dream Team (Our Lord, Sto NIno, my guardian angel, Mama MAry and my grandparents in heaven) I specially requested the team to be with me, with assigned positions. STo Nino & my Guardian Angel - the guards in my right wrist in particular.
2. The prayers and Support (Family, Russ, Russ' mom, Aileen & Sang (for washing the dishes for me), Hanggaws - Estebat constantly reminding me of Dunia, Mariano - cant stop talking about Crecre plus both discussing the male's organ in the cake for Polatex's Bridaw Shower. (hanggaws jud walay gipili nga adlaw), My Collegues & Friends)
3. Dr Patkar, my surgeon , and his nurse Jessei ( i love the tandem)
4. Wellcare Hospital
5. Daikin for paying the bills haha















1 comment:

  1. whoaaaaaaaaa. you started it, remember? you planned too well even.hahaha
    :P and more :P's.nyahaha.
    but seriously, glad you're back to normal hanggaw!Let's party!!!

    ReplyDelete