Friday, July 10, 2009

Unexpected Visit



I whistled as Riza & Edgar, excitedly announced that we are heading to Atlantis, the newly opened, over-ratingly famous and posh hotel in Dubai. I was gleaming; now I can attest everyones' all jaw-dropping stories about Atlantis...


Equally new to me, is the Palm Jumerah, I only saw a lot of it in the Net and of course, actual vision when I flew to Cebu last year, that too the macro-view of it, making out the Palm. But the tiny details of it, how it look inside and all - remains an imagination.


Not anymore. The entrance was so expensive. haha, all Flats there are wooooo, looking so elegant and again, expensive. And these are Free-Hall Flats - actually bought and owned. See, in Dubai, 90% of the properties are leased or rented, so these being bought by home owners, you can just imagine how much thousands these cost.



Security is tough. When you pave down the branches of the Palm, there sits in the villas. Now if flats look expensive, these look Millions. Imagine. David Beckham & Brad Pitt rumoured to have owned villas here. Hmmm... No Wonder.





Then The Atlantis. Before you enter the 1-km tunnel, you can see the hotel. Beautiful. Twin look on the Bahamas. Cars, on lookers lined up on the side, appreciating Atlantis and loving the Arabian Ocean on the right. People seem contented to have their pics taken with the Hotel as the background. What most do not know is, there is a Mall inside the Hotel - which is a great excuse to get in and have pictures taken inside. I wavered and marveled. Soon I saw myself posing, poshing, in all corners of the mall and lobby.



I meant to jump but the call for embarassment stopped me, So I did my peace signs instead.


The best part of the unexpected visit - I was just wearing my sleeping shirt, home shorts, & Adidas Bathroom slippers.. haha, not my fault, i was dressed to have dinner in an "INATO" seafood cafeteria in Jumerah Road. We never plan to go to Atlantis. So imagine how the guests would have thought seeing me , that too posing and taking pictures like it was my first day to know what a camera is.. Oh My Gullaayyyy!

1 comment:

  1. I,sure, would like to visit this lavish atlantis sommmmmmmmmmmeday!*Fingers crossed* *wink*

    ReplyDelete